Yes, you can. In the same way that you would pre-poo and wash your hair in twists you can also deep condition too.
Can you wash your hair with twists?
Believe it or not, washing your hair in twists will still get rid of any product build up. So you can wash your hair while keeping it in a somewhat stretched state which will make detangling easier.
How long can you keep 2 strand twist in?
Two strand twists can last a long time! Although this style can be time-consuming to create, they typically stay intact for 2-6 weeks. Washing, conditioning and deep conditioning the style will keep twists looking fresh longer and keep hair healthy.
Do twists turn into dreads?
The basic idea is that the strand twists hold the hair so that the roots can begin locking. The natural hair in the strand twist eventually loosens and begins to dread as well. … Most report that strand twists also become dreadlocks faster than braids because the hair is not held as securely.
Can 2 strand twist turn into dreads?
Two strand twists are similar to if you were to start your locs with braids or plaits. Starting with the two strand twist method, the two-strand twists hold the hair and the roots begin locking first. … If you are looking for thick locs then starting locs with two-strand twists may be the right option for you.
When should I wash my 2 strand twists?
This delicate hairstyle needs gentle care to ensure it does not unravel or become frizzy. In order to keep twists looking their best, shampoo and condition your hair every 2 weeks and dry wash in between water washes.
How do you take care of twists?
- Wash your twists at least once a week, and ideally every three days, unless you plan on removing them soon. …
- Use a residue-free shampoo to help prevent your hair from becoming greasy or gunky. …
- Follow with a leave-in conditioner or dread cream to replenish and restore the hair.
How do you maintain twists?
How to maintain mini twists on natural hair
- We recommend wearing your mini twists for a maximum of 4 weeks.
- You can wash your scalp after about a week. …
- Use a spray based leave in conditioner or moisturizer several days in a week.
- Try to redo or refresh your mini twists weekly or bi-weekly to prevent locking.
Are twists better than braids?
If you are braiding your hair it lasts longer than twists because it locks in more. If you are not plaiting with extension, there is less pressure on the hair… twists and braids are both protective styles but in terms of durability, braids will last longer.”
Can you 2 strand twist straight hair?
One of the best things about two-strand twists is that they can be styled into almost any other coif achieved with straight hair – all it takes is a little planning and imagination!